MININET: Network Emulator for SDN Training and Certification
Mininet is a tool which provides a simple and inexpensive network testbed for developing open flow applications. It enables multiple concurrent developers to work independently on the same topology. It provides an easy way to correct system behavior and to experiment with topologies. The code you develop and test on Mininet, for an open flow controller , modified switch or host can move to real system with minimal charges for real - world testing, performance evaluation and deployment.
In this course of Mininet, Mininet tool and commands are covered. Mininet is an open source software that is used to simulate an SDN and its compatible controllers, switches and hosts. SDN separates the control plane from the data forwarding plane , making network devices such as switches and routers fully programmable and thus the network behaves as per the user’s requirements. Mininet has OVS switches and OVS controllers by default.
What you will learn
- Introduction of Mininet
- Different topologies of Mininet
- How to install mininet
- Mininet VM setup
- Different topologies
- How to import virtual disk image
- Different commands of Mininet
- Creating Miniedit simple network
- Overview of wireshark in Mininet
Who this course is for
- Telecom engineers
- Network engineers
- Engineers with telecom experience
- Anyone who wants to learn 5G technology
- Anyone who wants to learn Mininet tool
- For students who wish to enhance their skills
- For anyone interested in learning
- For anyone who wants to work in this domain
- For professionals those who wants to upgrade their skills
- For professionals who want to upgrade skills
TELCOMA CERTIFIED MININET EXPERT
With TELCOMA Certified MININET Expert, you have the capability to perform efficiently and get promoted with raise in salary. This certification validates your expertise and skills and is recognised worldwide. Our Certifications and skills will set you apart from the competition and help you get a new Job.
This course has been designed and delivered by Telecom Industry Experts. This course will be updated as and when required and new topics may be added, and the enrolled students will be informed accordingly.
- Mininet introduction (3:32)
- Mininet topologies (2:18)
- Mininet installation (5:41)
- Mininet development tools (2:18)
- Mininet VM setup (2:04)
- Mininet software introduction (2:36)
- Importing Virtual disk image (5:19)
- Creating a new machine (3:31)
- Running a Mininet machine (5:50)
- Mininet commands in virtual box (5:01)
- Mininet commands part 2 (4:57)
- Mininet commands 3 (5:31)
- Miniedit simple network (3:27)
- Creating custom network topology (4:49)
- Miniedit preferences (3:53)
- OVS configuration (6:11)
- Opening wireshark in miniedit (8:01)
- Wireshark in miniedit (9:12)
- Capturing packets from wireshark (10:27)
This course includes
- 24x7 On-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on any device
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course available 24x7 - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited lifetime access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.