Open RAN Training and Certification
Open RAN replaces the legacy, proprietary interfaces between the baseband unit (BBU) at the foot of the cell tower with open standards. This enables units from one vendor to interoperate with units from other vendors. Open RAN is designed to make the radio access network more cost effective and flexible. It has the potential to drastically reduce the volume of physical kit that MNOs need to deploy and operate. In an Open RAN environment, the RAN is disaggregated into three main building blocks : the radio unit (RU), the distributed unit (DU) and the centralised unit (CU). The key concept of open RAN is “opening” the protocols and interfaces between these various building blocks (radios, hardware and software) in the RAN. It has various interfaces defined as fronthaul between the RU (Radio unit) and the DU(Distributed unit), mid-hual interface between the DU and the CU (central unit) and backhaul between the CU and RU.
Course objective: This course of Open RAN covers all topics which are required to have complete understanding of this topic. It is the movement in wireless telecommunications to disaggregate hardware and software and to create open interfaces between them. It is a movement to define and build 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G RAN solutions based on general purpose , vendor neutral hardware and software defined technology. More open interfaces enables networks to make networks open in nature. They can use one supplier’s radios with another processor. The basic vision is open for all. Open RAN is an umbrella term for a group of different technologies that telecom operators hope will break vendor lock-in and lead to reduction of CAPEX and OPEX for their Radio Access Networks.
What you will learn
- Introduction to open RAN
- RAN architecture evolution
- Benefits of open RAN for mobile operator
- Open RAN industry initiatives
- Concept of Open RAN
- Spectrum for Open RAN
- Edge network architecture
- Open 4G 5G core
- Use cases of Open RAN
- Platform architecture of Open RAN
- Radio unit and performance
- Distributed unit
- Challenges in existing environment
Who this course is for
- Telecom engineer who wants to work in Open RAN
- Engineers working in 5G domain
- Engineers those who wants to upgrade skills
- Anyone who wants to learn new topics
- Students who wants to have training in this domain
- Anyone who wants to upgrade to new technologies
TELCOMA CERTIFIED OPEN RAN EXPERT
With TELCOMA Certified Open RAN Expert, you have the capability to perform efficiently and get promoted with raise in salary. This certification validates your expertise and skills and is recognised worldwide. Our Certifications and skills will set you apart from the competition and help you get a new Job.
This course has been designed and delivered by Telecom Industry Experts. This course will be updated as and when required and new topics may be added, and the enrolled students will be informed accordingly.
- Open RAN Introduction (4:31)
- RAN Architecture Evolution (3:52)
- Benefits of Open RAN for mobile operator (1:28)
- Open RAN Industry Initiatives (2:12)
- Open RAN Concept (2:17)
- Spectrum for Open RAN (1:49)
- Open RAN (5:55)
- Edge Network Architecture (1:23)
- Open 4G 5G Core (4:31)
- Use Cases (2:05)
- Platform Architecture (2:14)
- Radio Unit (1:41)
- Radio Unit Performance (2:49)
- Radio Unit Hardware (1:17)
- Distributed Unit (2:01)
- Open RAN Virtualization (1:05)
- The Shift to Open (1:12)
- Benefits of New Modes (1:46)
- Challenges in Existing Environments (1:24)
This course includes
- 24x7 On-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on any device
- Certificate of Completion
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course available 24x7 - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited lifetime access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.