Performance Metrics in 5G networks
Performance prerequisites are highly dependent on traffic scenarios. The concentration is on giving out high data rates and high capacity in indoor hotspot conditions.
- Mobility: 5G is used to deliver wireless broadband. The number of people who are using smartphones increases the mobility in the system.
- Reliability: The reliability of a 5G network is determined as a URLLC (Ultra-Reliable Low latency communications) service requirement.
- Efficiency: It is a critical issue in 5G networks.
- Network slicing: A network slice can provide full network functionality, allowing radio access network (RAN) and central network functionalities.
- Priority/QoS: the QoS abilities are needed to be maintained in the 5G transport network.
Optimization in 5G network
5G refers to more than just an evolution of mobile broadband. The optimization and acceleration of the 5G network will get even more important for networks. Network optimization could get distributed and hierarchical where the various proxies talk to each other, creating reliable point-to-point connections. The requirement is to enable faster retransmission in case of any drop in the network. By applying mathematical optimization tools various functional splits have been equated and evaluated.
Need for optimization
5G network deployment should be able to deploy and design the network with optimum performance. It implies enhanced efficiency across the converged networks- from spectrum efficiency to implement virtualized load balancing, and from space-efficient small cells to energy-efficient backhaul.
- Mobile edge computing that serves the 5G IoT low latency applications such as increased driving and tactile internet.
- New power solutions are required by 5G networks with energy as well as spectrum efficiency.
- Frequency management in shared site equipment.
- Time-division duplex modes that show a critical role.
- Interference mitigation
Different optimization methods
- Machine learning-based optimization: in this tool, they use two optimization methods, which are Generic Algorithms (GA) and Machine Learning (ML). This method was established on the QoE technique.
- Virtualized Cellular Infrastructure: it suggested network function virtualization for Automatic Neighbor relation (ANR).
- Network function Virtualization: they analyze several game theory-based algorithms via simulation that aims at optimization of consumption of overall base station.
- Automatic Neighbor relation: it describes that wireless networks are the one which enables automatic neighbor relation functions management.
Optimization tools can support features like:
- Coverage analysis
- Interference analysis
- Handover performance
- Neighbor cell analysis
- Cross feeder analysis
Optimization tests reflect the latest 5G performance of various parameters like:
- Voice and video quality e.g Call Setup Success Rate, Completed call Rate, Dropped calls, Blocked calls, Call setup time, MOS, Call failure reason, etc.
- Data connection e.g File download speed, file upload speed, network latency, web browsing time, data connection failure.
5G NR Network Advanced Optimization Features:
Optimization tools include advanced optimization features such as Beam coverage visualization- 3D visualizer add-on helps in seeing the signal behavior in practice related to all the environment objects. It allows you to verify the beam configurations by comparing measurement data, 5G LTE coverage comparison, low coverage detection, pilot pollution analysis, cell dominance analysis, network slicing testing and analysis, and massive MIMO result analysis.
5G NR Optimization use cases include:
- Remote management of 5G measurements and their solutions
- New Radio drive testing
- In-building 5G measurements
- Unattended 5G measurements
- Post-processing of data