Home > Technical Articles > 5G Automotive Association - 5G AA
5G Automotive Association - 5G AA
It is a global Association with over 130 member companies from the automotive and ICT industries. All of them are leading the definition and adoption of the future mobility ecosystem. This Association benefits from a diverse membership base, both in terms of geographical spread and expertise.5GAA welcomes partners those who are engaged in the Automotive Industry, the information and communications technologies industry or the broader ecosystem and value chain for vehicle and road transportation systems, this includes universities, research bodies, associations, public authorities as well as industrial companies of all sizes.
5GAA has eight priority areas:
- Trust: Implement state-of-the-art security and privacy in the V2X ecosystem
- Mobile Networks: It is built upon cellular network deployments to fast-track new mobility services.
- Flexible Service Architecture: leverage distributed cloud and edge computing capabilities.
- Precise Positioning: analyze precise positioning technologies for all road users and study-related business models.
- Digital roads: engage with road operators to fully integrate the road infrastructure.
- Interoperable ecosystem: it satisfies business needs for interoperation between devices and services across ecosystem partners.
- Vulnerable road users: it enables smart devices to deliver services protecting pedestrians etc
- Sustained technology evolution: Accelerate evolution of cellular technologies towards 5G-V2X.
The 5GAA is a registered Association. It has a hierarchical structure. There are in total 12 top (Platinum) members, prime (gold) members, and they have the right to propose members for leading positions and general members. The 5GAA Board supervises and advises the committee in all aspects. It is composed of eighteen members.
5GAA working groups:
- WG1: Use cases and technical requirements - It defines the end-to-end view on use cases and then derives the technical requirements and performance indicators for the certification of connected mobility solutions.
- WG2: System Architecture and solution development for defines, develops and recommends system architectures and interoperable end-to-end solutions.
- WG3: Evaluation, testbeds, and Pilots - It evaluate and validate end-to-end solutions through testbeds. It can promote commercialization and standardization via pilots and large-scale trials by selecting the use cases in conjunction with go-to-the market strategies.
- WG4: Standards and Spectrum - It acts as an “industry Specification Group”. It provides recommendations, contributions, and positions to ETSI.
- WG5: Business models and go-to-the market strategies - It agrees on criteria for business models. It identifies involved organizations and companies and then prioritizes them.
- WG6: Regulatory and Public Affairs - It agrees on common 5GAA positions about policy and regulatory matters at a national, regional, and global level.
- WG7: Security and Privacy - It reviews is currently available solutions in the technical areas.
5GAA counts 134 members.
E.g: A1 Telekom, Airbus, Airgain, Alps Alpine, Apple, American Tower, Audi, Ericsson, Blackberry, General Motors, LG, Verizon, ZTE, Vodafone, etc.
The 5GAA works for the standardization which is needed for the implementation of driverless and autonomous driving in cooperation with the standards organizations such as ETSI, 3GPP, and SAE. It mainly focuses on the deployment of cellular-based communications which is also known as cellular V2X. It acts as a central point to inform the public on V2X emerging technology.
Featured 6G, 5G, 4G-LTE Training Courses and Certifications
TELCOMA Global is a leader in Telecom Training Courses and Certifications since 2009. Learn the trending technological skills in 6G, 5G, 4G-LTE, IoT, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence (ML/AI), Cloud and microservices, ORAN, Edge Computing, etc and get hired in the world's best Telecom companies. Discover the fastest, most effective way to gain job-ready expertise for the careers of the future. With TELCOMA Certification, you can be the Telecom professional employers seek.