5G QoS Parameters
- 5QI: it is a scalar and is used as a reference to the characteristics of 5G QoS. There is one-to-one mapping of standardized 5QI values to a standardized combination of 5G QoS characteristics.
- ARP: It is a 5G QoS parameter in which information about the priority level, the pre-emption capability and the pre-emption vulnerability is contained.
- RQA: The Reflective QoS attribute is an optional parameter. Certain traffic carried on the QoS Flow is indicated by RQA. The transfer of the RQI for AN resource is enabled by the (R)AN corresponding to the QoS Flow only when there is signalling of RQA for a QoS Flow.
- Notification control: It is indicated by the notification control that whether there is a request of notification from the NG-RAN or not. A GBR QoS Flow uses the notification control if the change in the QoS is adapted by the application traffic.
- Flow Bit Rates: The following additional QoS parameters exist only for GBR QoS Flows i.e. Guaranteed Flow Bit Rate (GFBR) and Maximum Flow Bit Rate (MFBR). The GFBR denotes the bit rate using which the QoS Flow is provided over the Averaging Time Window by the network. The bit rate is limited to the highest bit rate that is expected by the QoS Flow by the MFBR.
- Aggregate Bit Rates: Per UE Aggregate Maximum Bit Rate (UE-AMBR) aggregate rate limit QoS parameter that is used by each UE.
- Maximum Packet Loss Rate: The maximum rate for lost packets of the QoS flow is indicated by the Maximum Packet Loss Rate. The QoS is provided by this if compliant to the GFBR.
Packet Filter Set
One or more packet flows are identified by the Packet Filter Set that is used in the QoS rule and the PDR. One or more Packet Filters are contained in the Packet Filter Set. IP Packet Filter Set, and Ethernet Packet Filter Set are the two types of Packet Filter Set.
User Plane Management
The PDU sessions’ user plane path is handled by the User Plane Function. The deployments are supported by the 3GPP specifications for a given PDU Session with a single UPF or multiple UPFs. SMF performs UPF selection. The UE is allocated with IP anchor point of the IP address/prefix by the PDU Session Anchor for PDU Sessions of type IPv4 or IPv6 or IPv4v6. If the UPF is requested by SMF for an Ethernet DNN to proxy ARP or IPv6 Neighbour Solicitation, the UPF should itself respond to the ARP or IPv6 Neighbour Solicitation Request.