Low-power wide-area (LPWA) network or low-power network (LPN) is a type of wireless telecommunication wide area network designed to allow long range communications at a low bit rate among things (connected objects), such as sensors operated on a battery.
The 3GPP has 3 standard LPWA technologies to run on licensed bands:
The standardised LPWA technologies possess several characteristics that make them particularly attractive:
- Low power consumption (to the range of nanoamp) that enables devices to operate for 10 years on
a single charge
- Low device unit cost y Improved outdoor and indoor penetration coverage compared with existing wide area technologies
- Secure connectivity and strong authentication
- Optimised data transfer (supports small, intermittent blocks of data)
- Simplified network topology and deployment
- Integrated into a unified/horizontal Internet of Things (IoT)/ Machine-to-Machine (M2M) platform, where operators have this in place
- Network scalability for capacity upgrade
TELCOMA Technologies Private Limited (An ISO 9001:2008 Certified Telecom Company) is a provider of Telecommunication services since 2009. Our Training and Certifications are recognised globally by the Cellular Wireless Industry. Our world class online course content i.e HD training videos have been developed and delivered by industry experts. Our key focus area is research and development in mobile communication technologies.