Introduction to NR
- New spectrum is a target
- Multi-antenna technologies
- Multi-site coordination
- Access integration
- D2D communication
- Ultra lean design
RRC inactive state
In NR, evolution of new RRC state keeping S1* connection up.
Need for RAN controlled sleep state
5G sleep state should support
- DRx with preferably lower power consumption than today.
- UE context is maintained in RAN.
- UE controlled mobility
- RAN paging within local areas.
- No CN signalling required
Combined LTE/NR states
It is defined by the SS-Block and SIB table. Cells can have same access configuration and SIB table doesn’t require to be cell unique
NR cell size determined by
- IDLE/RRC INACTIVE control load
- Synchronized transmission timing
Frequency carrier # NR cell
NR cell : broadcast when IDLE UE’s are expected to find/camp on it and report the carrier when doing frequency/cell search for IDLE mobility.
To separate the CP and UP, system broadcast should be transmitted independently from the user plane data. System information is separated int0 ‘minimum SI’ and ‘ other SI’ .
- SS : NR-PSS / NR-SSS
- NR-PBCH : contains a MIB
- Transmitted every X ms
- Contain the configuration for system access
- May contain SI for more than one cell
- A SIB can contain several access configurations